Types of Winter Coats for Children
Winter is coming soon. Every caring mom wants her baby to be dressed warm and comfortable, but every fashion-forward mom wants to posh her kids up. Here is an overview of the 2014 Fall-Winter kidswear collections and the main trends for winter coats such as intense colors, checkerboard, various sophisticated prints, retro and vintage-inspired styles, fur trimming, etc. The special attention is paid to the decorating details.
Key Fall-Winter 2013-2014 trends for children coats
Style of childrens’ coats hasn’t changed much since the last year: simple shapes, New Look, Grange, eclectic and military styles are still dominating the market. So-called aquamarine (green-blue) is picked as the leading color of the coming season, as well as fabrics – wool, drape, tweed and fur. In fact, the main tendency for the childrens’ coats is imitating the adults’ fashion. So, if you, as a parent, like fashion and try to keep up with the latest kidswear tendencies, then you definitely will be fine shopping together with your kids.
1) Coats become more popular not only in winter. This season the must-have coats are the ones with fur-trimming and coats in military styled.
2) There’s something about fur this year. Fur remains a main element of outwear only, you can often see designers of childrens’ clothes using it for decorating any kinds of outfits. Fur looks really good, but this doesn’t mean you can wear the original fur only, artificial fur looks just like the real one.
3) Camouflage and military styles just like Scottish fabric are timeless fashion trends that never become outdated. This year designers utilize them it in all types of childrens’ clothings, including outwear.
4) Houndstooth – is another revival this season.
5) Down-jackets or bomber-jackets. What could be warmer? It appears that numerous variations of these jackets are one of the best inventions of the 20th century. It is comfortable, long-lasting, warm and is not exposed to unstable fashion tendencies since its design is timeless. So, go ahead and get one of these for your kids.
When the coldest season of the year finally settles in, you need to bundle up and the best choice for this time of the year are puffer jackets and parkas for girls. These pieces of outwear will definitely keep your kids warm and dry when they will be making snow angels and play snowballs outdoors. Hooded puffer parka with faux fur inside might be probably the best choice for this winter. Let your kids choose the color they like and you will be ready to spend cold sunny weekends in the park. This year designers combine all the above mentioned in one, it is very popular to wear puffer parkas with fur trimming. Of course, color depends on your personal preferences, but your kids will be definitely happy to wear something as bright as their personality.
Anyways, when you start shopping for kids outerwear, remember to take into consideration their personal opinion. It is so important to let your kids see their style and impress their personal identity through the clothes they choose by themselves.